Temporary Pavilions & Pods
The bespoke dp:pods provide quality, practical solutions for your business: temporary dining pods, street food kiosks, pop up restaurant pavilions, street vending kiosks, sheltered seating areas.
They are modular in form, requiring no foundations or site preparation. Their bespoke designs are tailored to a customer’s specific requirements and ideal to provide seasonal alfresco dining opportunities for your customers; bring your restaurant/café brand in to the urban streetscape; are a cost effective solution for ‘start up’ operators; provide sheltered seating areas for bars/nightclubs.
The brief was to create two bespoke high quality 'open restaurant' pavilions to provide temporary facilities for two restaurants (an Asian eatery 'Tampopo' and Italian restauranteur 'Salvis'), whilst the Corn Exchange was undergoing a multi-million pound renovation into a new 'food and drink' destination.
The pavilions also had to serve as a working fascia to the front of the development and keep the exposure of the tenant restaurants alive throughout the construction period.
Hanging Ditch, Exchange Square, Manchester City Centre
Detailed design, structural calculations, fabrication/manufacture, installation on site.
- Pre-fabricated modular section design allowing quick and ease of installation on site
- A steel sub-frame with a 'birch-face' external and internal plywood skin
- 'Ears of corn' metal fretwork design reflecting the 'Corn Exchange' heritage
- Full front opening cantilever canopy for alfresco dining
- Fully working kitchen and dining area for 30 covers